marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Re: Without using it, who knows how close or not close Nikon came
In reply to Shotcents, Nov 10, 2013

Shotcents wrote:

Compelling features?

• It offers the D4 sensor with its large 7.3μm pixel pitch
  • smaller, more manageable files more appropriate for high volume shooters much like the D700.
  • Better build quality and less generic, more unique design
  • smallest, lightest FF DSLR on the market
  • It offers a dedicated AF-ON button, one of the number one complaints of D600 owners
  • From the Camera Store and Bjorn Rorlsett preview, it apparently offers the best, most modern LiveView implementation of any Nikon DSLR
  • it offers a totally different philosophy than a typical DSLR like the D600 in the form of mechanical exposure dials
  • Better battery life
  • Quieter shutter than both D600 and D800

To each his own. I think it looks like it's going to be a great camera and I will buy one for sure. Since I already have a D800, the D610 is not so interesting to me. YMMV.

I hate it when I agree with Marike6, but he's right.

Robert, I felt the same way agreeing with your Df comments in your thread the other day. But I completely agree with most of what you wrote.

No apologists here. Just actual working photographers who see a range of applications where this camera is ideal. Why on EARTH would a D800 owner choose a D610 for a second body over a Df. Silliest thing of ever heard!

The D600/D610 is an excellent camera, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't produce the same kind of visceral feeling as the Df, or pseudo retro or mechanical cameras in general.  And I'm finding that one of my least favorite things to do is process a huge memory filled with high res RAW files. And the thought of being stuck behind my mac processing RAWs all afternoon actually makes me shoot less or more conservatively. YMMV.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
????New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow