Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,452Gear list
Like?
Re: Without using it, who knows how close or not close Nikon came
In reply to marike6, 5 months ago

Compelling features?

• It offers the D4 sensor with its large 7.3μm pixel pitch
  • smaller, more manageable files more appropriate for high volume shooters much like the D700.
  • Better build quality and less generic, more unique design
  • smallest, lightest FF DSLR on the market
  • It offers a dedicated AF-ON button, one of the number one complaints of D600 owners
  • From the Camera Store and Bjorn Rorlsett preview, it apparently offers the best, most modern LiveView implementation of any Nikon DSLR
  • it offers a totally different philosophy than a typical DSLR like the D600 in the form of mechanical exposure dials
  • Better battery life
  • Quieter shutter than both D600 and D800

To each his own. I think it looks like it's going to be a great camera and I will buy one for sure. Since I already have a D800, the D610 is not so interesting to me. YMMV.

I hate it when I agree with Marike6, but he's right.

No apologists here. Just actual working photographers who see a range of applications where this camera is ideal. Why on EARTH would a D800 owner choose a D610 for a second body over a Df. Silliest thing of ever heard!

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
????New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow