Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vincent__l
Regular MemberPosts: 312
Like?
A7 & EM-1
9 months ago

I spent about an hour playing with the A7 and EM-1 today. I'm not a huge fan of the four thirds sensors but I am beginning to see why there are so many fanboys in the Olympus camp for the EM-1 and EM-5. Compared the A7 the EM-1 has better build quality (dials, tilt screen), the grip is much more comfortable (for my hands), and the AF is very quick. Having a mature system of lenses and IBIS is also very tempting. At the end of the day I will still stick with the full frame sensor of the A7. An EM-1 with a Sony sensor would be ideal

This comparison reminded me of my first experience with Apple products. The PC world had the better value and specs. However, you really need to handle the Apple products to fully appreciate the build quality and attention to detail that you won't see in a spec sheet. All this is assuming that you have an appreciation for the details.

Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow