Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,318Gear list
Like?
Re: The worst thing about the DF is the Disappointment
In reply to Kodachrome200, 11 months ago

Kodachrome200 wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

I'm not going to assume the focus screen used isn't good for MF lenses until I compare for myself. It's been reported the screen does work well with MF operation. It's too early to write this camera off IMHO.

BTW -none- of the dozens of MF cameras ever had a "focus aid", they did have a nice ground glass focus screen. Lack of focus aid <> doesn't work for MFing.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Did not understand all of that but,

stacey we know it is not going to be a ground glass and it will not have microprisms or a split prism. its a typical fresnel focusing screen for an AF camera, this has already been announced and looked at by reviewers

A well know reviewer of nikon gear said it worked better with MF lenses. BTW all focus screen are "ground glass" finish or they wouldn't work. The Fresnel is on the other side of the screen. The surface finish on the "ground" side determines how well the focus snaps in and out vs finder brightness.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
????New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow