Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EdW66
Forum MemberPosts: 69
Like?
New X-E1 query
Nov 10, 2013

Hi, I'm currently in Florida, on holiday from the UK, and have been toting my Nikon SLR round, as well as an x10 I bought some time ago, liked, but couldn't get used to the shutter lag after using an SLR.

always loved the idea of the X Series though, and made the cheaper prices in the states as the excuse to take the plunge and took delivery of a X-E1 and 18-55 lens From B & H at what seems like a great price, especially compared to rip off uk prices!

havent got access to a PC over here, so snuck into an Apple shop and downloaded the lens and body firmware updates. Even with the few hours I've had with the camera, wandering around disney with the family, I'm really impressed with the camera, and it's lot lighter than the d800 I've had giving me a crick in my neck for the last week!

heres my query though. I'm always a little paranoid buying a camera, that it might have been a returned item, (anyone familiar with issues real or imagined with the early D800's will know what I mean) and I always check the number of the first image I take.

i forgot to check with the first image I took, but one of the earliest test shots I've taken is numbered as 104-4010, which seems like a strange number to start on, and makes me wonder if I've been sent a used/ reconditioned model as with a Nikon, that number would suggest that this was the 4th folder, and 4010 images had been taken in that folder.

Baring in mind that I've no access to a PC, and only have an iPad to work with, (although I can load photos onto it) can anyone advise me if there's anyway I can check, and for any Fuji users is the numbering criteria the same as a Nikon, or does that file number look about right for a new Fuji. Hope this makes sense!

Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow