X-E2, got it, what a beast!

Started Nov 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
a l b e r t
Senior MemberPosts: 1,314Gear list
Like?
Re: Entirely agree
In reply to sgoldswo, Nov 10, 2013

Mine turned up today, and armed with the 23mm lens it is lightning fast. It's slower with the 35 and the 60, but the 14 and the 18-55 also seem very fast. Unfortunately no new FW for the 18 or 27 at the minute. The camera is a hell of a lot faster too in use as is the viewfinder. The lag between pressing the shutter and taking the picture seems almost eliminated. Image quality is the same, but it's much more satisfying to use because the focus and lag issues have been addressed. Pair it with the face detection and you can shoot children easily with this camera.

One other point to note is that the wi-fi works really well, very impressed with it.

Nothing to show other than object around my house thus far, but looking forward to giving it a run next week.

Very interesting to compare this to my new E-M1. I expected the E-M1 (overall) to be the better camera (based on speed of use, functionality, focus, wifi etc, etc even if the X-E2 won for image quality). It's much, much closer than I thought. I need a couple of weeks to come to a view on this!

Congrats!

Try focusing on something with horizontal contrast.  Tell us if the E-M1 can lock focus on it.

I tested the wifi functionality and I too am impressed with it.  It was very quick to transfer photos to my iPhone.  Wifi is more useful than most people think as many photos sharing now happens on mobile devices using Whatsapp or Facebook.  It is especially when you have friends and relatives overseas.

Now, I think Fuji should work on making full remote control of the camera via wifi.  It'd be good if the entire menu can be remote controlled.

a l b e r t's gear list:a l b e r t's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow