X-E2, got it, what a beast!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
a l b e r t
Senior MemberPosts: 1,287Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E2, got it, what a beast!
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, 10 months ago

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

Nice writeup - thanks for posting. The XE2 seems more of an upgrade over XE1 than I thought. I am inclined to wait to see waht XPro 2 is likely to be as I suspect it will be much larger upgrade.

Hence the delay.

Greg.

I think Fuji has a tall order to fill for the XPro2.  The competitor has upped the ante with Sony's introduction of A7/A7r.  The A7 is practically at the same price point when Fuji introduced the XPro1.  So either XPro2 will have to be cheaper by a few hundred dollars or it has to be much better with similar sensor performance level at the A7.  It means 24Mpix and better high ISO performance.  I don't see it happening unless Fuji has finished work with its organic sensor.

Awhile ago, there was a video posted on Youtube about someone testing a top secret Fuji X camera and Fuji has asked the testers to especially check out high ISO performance.  The video was taken down after Fuji's request.  It'd seem to me they're not testing the X-E2, as the high ISO performance is the same as X-E1.  So I'd think we should be seeing an entirely new sensor on the XPro2.

a l b e r t's gear list:a l b e r t's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Nikon D3S Fujifilm X-E2 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow