Senior MemberPosts: 4,788Gear list
Like?
Re: The same tiresome hype of mirrorless
In reply to PerL, Nov 9, 2013

PerL wrote:

as1mov wrote:

http://photographylife.com/mirrorless-vs-dslr

What is your opinion?

EVFs are inferior in the same way a big screen TV is inferior to a window - you can't improve on reality.

There are no cost savings benefitting the consumer - just check prices of mirror less.

There is no reliability issue with mirror boxes worth mentioning - I have cameras that are 30+ years that works fine. Most problem with old cameras are failure of electronics.

The space savings are small if you compare the sensor size. A 200 mm lens is the same size on a DSLR and mirror less.

Actually, I think the weight savings is there. A Sony A7 with 24-70 Zeiss is about 2lbs while the EOS5DMIII with similar lens is coming in at about 3.5 lbs. For me, losing that much weight and more for backpacking trips would be a godsend.

I think Nikon and Canon could easily counter with smaller and lighter SLRs and I'm sure they can lighten the lenses a bit. This may be their solution for the near term There already is an EOS APS DSLR (SL1) that's a mere 14 oz. and quite compact. There is no reason this trend couldn't continue.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow