What if you had $5000?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Darrell500
Senior MemberPosts: 1,993Gear list
Like?
Hi Dave
In reply to dave gaines, 10 months ago

dave gaines wrote:

Darrell's idea is to sell all of his Olympus gear for $4000, add $1000 out of pocket and "upgrade" to a new system. What could he get in any particular system that you'd recommend?

Yes this is exactly what I was asking.

Also, I think that maybe suggesting more Olympus gear is not in keeping with Darrelll's stated plan. The m4/3 camera and lenses may be a good idea for some people shooting for fun and pleasure, but probably not for someone shooting professionally who needs higher IQ in the lenses.

While your right, I'm looking for suggestions on getting the most bang for the buck in a FF system I don't have any problem with the IQ from 4/3 sensors.

Photographers like Greg (diddyo) whom I highly respect have proved to me that m4/3 is more then capable of making fine images. If our 4/3rds lenses focused well on the EM1 I would be in with both feet, but there lies the rub, judging from all the post they apparently don't.

The OP is asking a hypothetical question which is dependent on selling the Olympus gear he has.

-- hide signature --

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Don't Be Afraid To See What You See"
Darrell

Darrell500's gear list:Darrell500's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DanNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow