What if you had $5000?

Started Nov 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Darrell500
Senior MemberPosts: 2,020Gear list
Like?
Dan
In reply to Dan, Nov 9, 2013

Dan wrote:

Darrell sent you a note maybe we are on the same path but going different directions? lol

I am considering selling my Nikon D3, a lens or two (I have a slew of primes), and possibly some pocket wizard TT5's for an Olympus E-M1 and the 12-40 zoom.

No one here in town is carrying the E-M1 so that's about the only reason I haven't already picked one up...I really need to check it out.

The D3 and of course the D800 aren't "too heavy" when I go on walks since I normally also just take a lens or two!

Having just used the D800 and the D3 in a wedding I can say it's very "relaxing" to know the focus is going to be spot on!

Dan

Dan are you going to use the EM-1 for weddings? I think a couple of EM-1's with 14-35 and 35-100 would be as good a wedding setup I would ever need if not for concerns about focusing and dual card slots.

I'm considering waiting for the next iteration of the EM series to see if Olympus addresses some of the issues, it is so close to perfect.

-- hide signature --

"Don't Be Afraid To See What You See"
Darrell

Darrell500's gear list:Darrell500's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DanNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow