ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jm_mac
Senior MemberPosts: 1,904Gear list
Like?
Mid-range zoom for manual focus video on EOS-M
Nov 9, 2013

Hi All,

I've been trying to figure out new uses for the two neat little EOS-Ms I bought, and I think it may be perfect for the videos I take, but I need help finding a lens in the 50-150mm or 70-200mm range that is good for manual focusing. I take videos of my son's indoor hockey league currently with a Pentax K-01 and a Sigma 50-150mm which work okay, but the focus throw is very short making manual focusing a bit difficult. If I could find a Canon lens that works well with manual focus (i.e. long focus throw), then I could use it for video on the EOS-M (with adapter of course), and then maybe sell the K-01 (great camera, but I need to sell something off as I have collected too many cameras as of late).

The lens actually doesn't have to be a manual focus lens, but it must work well with manual focus. Autofocus is great for still or slowly moving things, but not for hockey.  I have done some research for my Pentax'es and it seems a 70-200 or 80-200 push-pull type works well for manual focus + zoom. I know there are some older Canon push-pull types, but they use the old screw drive mechanism. Any suggestions for Canon?

TIA

jm_mac

jm_mac's gear list:jm_mac's gear list
Nikon D40X Nikon D7000 Pentax K-01 Canon EOS M Pentax K-5 IIs +13 more
Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow