What if you had $5000?

Started Nov 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
daddyo
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,449Gear list
Like?
For me it would be easy...
In reply to Darrell500, Nov 9, 2013

E-M1 w/HLD-7 & 12-40mm f/2.8 = $2,400 (Net of current Oly $200 rebate)

Panasonic 35-100mm f/2.8 = $1,300

Oly 45mm f/1.8 = $300

Used (Back up) E-M5 body (LN- Cond. KEH) = $700 (Add HLD-6 later)

Bower 7.5mm Fisheye = $239

Total = $4,939

Depending on your flash situation, I might get the FL-600R instead of the Bower.

For the types of shooting you indicated, this set up is more than adequate to do pro work. I chuckle every time I see someone suggest that if you are doing 'pro' shooting you must shoot full frame systems -- it's nonsense for the types of work you are listing.

The notion that clients won't think you are 'professional' if you don't have a giant camera/lens set up is silly -- 99.9% of all clients are interested in results, not gear.

I recently shot a wedding with my E-M5's. Here is a quote from the 'Thank You' card I received from the bride:

"Thank you very much for photographing our wedding. The pictures all came out great. I'm having a hard time picking my favorites!"

All of the ceremony shots were done at ISO 3200, and no one asked why my camera was so small.

Below is a shot done from a recent Acura sponsored event -- this shot was done at ISO 3200 at 1/4 Sec. hand held. By the way, the blotchy sky in the background is from city lit cloud formations -- not high ISO noise (as you can see by the black on the car).

I hope whatever you end up with is a system you will be happy with:-)

God Bless,

Greg

www.imagismphotos.com

www.mccroskery.zenfolio.com

www.pbase.com/daddyo

daddyo's gear list:daddyo's gear list
Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DanNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow