Coolpix A -Finally a pocket size big sensor camera.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,539Gear list
Like?
Re: 28mm lens, a limitation?
In reply to camerosity, 8 months ago

Well, I reckon 28mm is a limitation, but I saw the Nikon A as an alternative to carrying a wide-normal 28mm SLR lens, while also being a flatter package, and with no need to pause to swap lenses. A nicely compact 50mm or 90mm on the SLR, plus a Nikon A, seemed a good combination. (The 90mm Voigtlander SL II is quite small.)

I also studied the images of Gary Winogrand, who mostly shot with a 28mm lens, plus viewed Ray Sachs's excellent images here in the DPR forums. The 28mm could, indeed, be a good focal length for urban walking-about, on its own.

As I have mentioned in other threads, however, my wife quickly claimed the A for herself, so I had little enough time to test the theory. I am saving for another A, while many other priorities compete for my available money.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L lenses, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action. During personal time, I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Nikon D700 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow