G6 1080p 60fps avchd files and aperture

Started Nov 3, 2013 | Questions thread
Aberaeron
Senior MemberPosts: 2,218Gear list
Like?
Re: G6 1080p 60fps avchd files and aperture
In reply to d3xmeister, Nov 8, 2013

d3xmeister wrote:

Aperture does not support AVCHD2 format that the G6 record. That's because is not a standard. If you want to store your videos in the same library, without any loss in quality, use a little free software called Remux beta. It remuxes your avchd files to m4v or mp4 without any loss in quality. It only takes 2-3 seconds per clip to convert. It supports batch conversion. It does not recompress your files, it's just changing the comtainer type for the video files, because inside all formats are H264 encoded.

Something odd with all this. Just checked the video clips I took last Sunday for the format. They are, as I thought, AVCHD HD 50p, and they upload and play with no problem in iPhoto. If it handles European 50p, it should handle American 60p just as well should it not?

I'm just wondering whether the OP has a computer that is pre-Intel?

Edit. You've got me wondering now whether the clips are HD Lite or full HD. The camera doesn't go into that much detail in its playback data.

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Nikon Coolpix P500 Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix S32 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow