Started Nov 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RealPancho
Senior MemberPosts: 1,026Gear list
Like?
My feeble little shutter shock test
Nov 8, 2013

I’m not sure whether I am now officially a camera nerd for running this quick little test, a jerk for starting the thread, or both, but following is a description of what I did.

I mounted my 75-300 II on my E-M1, which was mounted on my tripod, which was set on a firmly seated concrete paving stone. I set the camera to S mode and turned off the following shake reducing settings: no IBIS, release lag time normal, and anti-shock in the E. Exp menu off. I did set a 2 second delay in the shooting mode for this first set, but even turned that off later. These are cropped from the center 950 to 1000 pixels of shots taken at the following shutter speeds, from left to right: 1/40, 1/60, 1/100, 1/160, 1/250. I made another set with all of the previously mentioned precautionary settings turned on, including a 1/8 anti-shock in the E. Exp menu, along with the anti-shock shooting mode setting, but they look exactly like these, so I didn't bother uploading them.

So, what do any of you have to say? Are there any signs of “shutter shock” here?

-- hide signature --

Frank

RealPancho's gear list:RealPancho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Olympus E-620 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +9 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow