Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hken
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Here are the reasons why I will not buy A7/A7R
11 months ago

I owned NEX-5N for 2 years and didn't let me down every time I was using it. Very capable of giving what I need for family/friends photos, street photos and portraits. I tried to convince myself to upgrade, 5R, 5T, 6, 7 and now A7(R).... but I will keep my 5N again, at least for a while. Here are the reasons why I will not buy A7(R).

- Sony's 2nd generation of cameras in a line are usually better. Look at the improvement of 5N over 5.

- from the samples I've seen so far, the image quality of A7 and A7R are not convincing enough, imo they lack the wow factors of a full frame camera, like what I seen on D700, D800 or Leica M. Maybe things will get better on RAW, or with production firmware...

- The 5N is still a very capable camera, good sensor, decent high ISO performance, touch screen (A7(R) don't have!), tilt screen, light weight, handy manual focus.

- When I am looking at the photos taken by 5N, I am still amazed. What a great camera....

Wanna guess what lens I used for the below photos?

Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow