Started Nov 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 4,096Gear list
Like?
Re: DF is for ME not YOU
In reply to PrebenR, Nov 8, 2013

PrebenR wrote:

Dayjobdave wrote:

Funny, I mentioned to my wife at dinner last night how much buzz Nikon has generated with the Df and how cool I thought it was.

She's normally the retro one in our family, and she thought its the dumbest camera idea ever, and kind of fake in its intent.

She is right. Especially the last part; fake in its intent. Had they put in a split screen and made a AF-S lens with aperture ring, it would not have seemed so fake (read cow milking...)

-- hide signature --

Lightwriting with Sigma

And you've used the Df and tried the VF with manual lenses? Tell us more?

According to Bjorn Rorslett, the Df has a superior VF to D4 and focuses very well manually. He's kind of a legend when it comes to Nikon gear.

You might want to actually WAIT for some reviewers to check-in or try one yourself to see what's what.

World's best low-light sensor, superior to D800 at high ISO with lower noise and more dynamic range in the smallest DSLR from Nikon. Coupled with the extremely capable D610 AF module and BETTER build quality, it sure sounds awful!

That's why I'm only buying ONE!

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
OkNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow