Seriously, what is wrong with these forums ?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ranalli
Contributing MemberPosts: 839
Like?
Re: The "true" D700 replacement will be in 2014....
In reply to Petruska, 9 months ago

Petruska wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

d3xmeister wrote:

Give us a true D700 replacement !!!!

Well, surprisingly, Nikon listened. The DF is here and, is the camera everyone was asking Nikon to do. Really, if a camera was made by those forum members, this would have been exactly it.

laying down a little fertilizer yourself with these comments. Even if the Df turned out to be the best DSLR ever made, it is not a D700 replacement. Without going too deep, it doesn't have the AF system ( 51 pts ) and the frame rate to be what fellows were / are looking for in a D700 replacement.

You might be a little over zealous.

Just looks logical to come out as a 2014 DSLR as Nikon is going ro release a new PRO DSLR of some sort in 2014. They know what us D700 owners want. Remember that the D4 and D800 releases were about a year late do to natural disasters. New engineering continued at that time and new designs are in the works. I'm sure that a 24MP sensor with excellent low light performance is ready, that's where I see the D700 replacement looking like.

Forget that any camera with a D4 sensor will cannonibalize D4 sales, the majority of people wanting a D4 bought them long ago. D4 sales are sliding............

Bob P.

I somewhat agree.  This would be somewhat smart at this point.  You don't have to worry about cannibalizing sales when there are little sales to cannibalize.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D700New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow