Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
woof woof
Senior MemberPosts: 1,432
Like?
Does anyone shoot in genuine low light?
8 months ago

I have a G1 and one major issue with it is its EVF's high light output which even with everything adjusted for best effect makes it (for me) unusable in genuine low light. As soon as I raise the camera to my eye night vision is gone and it's like having a torch shining directly into my eye. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about ISO 1600 on a well lit suburban street when there's enough light to read a newspaper, I'm talking about genuine low light such as really dingy venues and out of town night time shooting.

Here's what my G1 does...

Another issue with my G1 is that in low light it's display blacks up and fails to display detail clearly visible by eye but I think that this is cure with later cameras as in this shot tnphoto kindly posted for me...

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3560987?page=3

There are no camera shops near me so trying cameras means a day trip into a city and TBH I don't get an awful lot of free time and even when visiting a shop there's limited opportunity to try the cameras in genuine low light so I'm hoping that someone can provide some feedback on the newer CSC's and their EVF use in low light. Suggestions such as "wear sunglasses" or "put an ND over the EVF" are not really what I'm looking for, what I'm looking for is genuine feedback from anyone with a GX7, Nex 6 or Fuji who has used their camera in genuine low light. Thanks if anyone can help.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow