Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbramham
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,248Gear list
Like?
B&W Photos from Venice (D800)
10 months ago

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to be able to visit the beautiful city of Venice on a dedicated photography trip.

I did a lot of photography before dawn and very early in the morning before the hoards of tourists arrived each day so I used my tripod a lot.

The lenses I used on my D800 were the Nikon 16-35vr and 24-120vr sometimes with nd filters (B+W 6 stop and Lee 10 stop)

I've posted a few photos below but there's a fuller slideshow here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianbramham/sets/72157637046699263/show/with/10476574523/

Ian
Fine Art Photography Website: http://ianbramham.com/

The small island and Palladian church of St Giorgio Maggiore

The Piazzetta end of St Mark's Square at dawn. On the columns are the symbols of the two patron saints of Venice

A workman repairing the 700 year old roof of St Mark's Basilica

The famous Bridge of Sighs

The disntictive shape of the prows of a group of gondolas. The 30kg metal prow (ferro) of the gondola is not just there for ornament, it's weight helps to counterbalance the weight of the gondolier at the other end.

The Accademia Bridge which spans the Grand Canal

By the way, If any of you live in NW England or North Wales, some of my square crop b&w images are in an exhibition until the end of November at the Paperboat Gallery in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire (its a few minutes drive from Cheshire Oaks). I'll be there tonight Friday 8th Nov between 6pm and 8pm for an artists evening - if any of you are able to come it would be good to meet you! The address is on the poster below.

ianbramham's gear list:ianbramham's gear list
Nikon D800
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow