DPR GX7 review is up! Locked

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Pixnat2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,201Gear list
Very good review - the GX8 will have a Gold Award.
In reply to Cipher, 10 months ago

Thanks Dpreview for this very good and well written review. It shows that the GX7 is a wonderful cameras, and has just one or two minor youth flaws that will be corrected in the GX8.

Remember the Fuji X100 (silver) and X100s (gold)?

I'm thankfull to Dpreview to judge this camera honestly, and I think they got it right.

Panasonic has made a wonderful camera that is promoted as a "State of Art" camera. But it isn't actually. The intention was good, the realisation is a little less good : the EVF problems, the not-so-good IBIS, unavailable in movie mode, the lack of mic input shows that the camera has some compromises. Nothing major, of course, but still present.

So the camera got a 79% and a Silver Award. It's an awesome score, showing that this camera is a wonderful shooting tool. Most users are likely to be very pleased with the camera.

I'm pretty sure the GX8 will have a better EVF, a better IBIS working in movie mode and will sport a mic input. An this time, it will get a Gold Award

In the meantime, and despite its Silvrer Award, the GX7 will make a lot of happy photographers.

-- hide signature --
 Pixnat2's gear list:Pixnat2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Canon EOS M Nikon D600 Olympus E-M1
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow