PEF or DNG - which RAW format do you prefer?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Holger Bargen
Contributing MemberPosts: 700Gear list
Like?
PEF or DNG - which RAW format do you prefer?
8 months ago

Dear all,

Most time I shoot RAW - I did this with my K10D and I do it with my K5. With the K10D it was even more necessary as JPGs were not so good with this camera - but I like the higher contrast range and the greater posibillites for post-processing with RAW files also with my K5.

Many years I used the PEF format. For a while it seems as if this format would die and no longer be supported by Pentax - but now the new cameras still offer this format.

I switched to DNG during that time of unclear future of PEF - but now I ask myself, if it would be good to go back to PEF.

Does any of these formats have advantages or disadvantages compared to the other one that would make it important to select one of them?

What RAW Format do you use?

Best regards

Holger

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +2 more
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PEFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow