How long to post casual photos of friends?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
druzilla3
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
How long to post casual photos of friends?
5 months ago

Hello all,

I recently went to a halloween party and took some photos of some of the freaks (my gf's friends) that were in attendance. I am kinda new to photography with a DSLR (Canon 70D) and used the opportunity of the party to take some photos. I really wanted to focus on getting good shots so I could bring them into photoshop and start learning how to edit photos well.

The day after the party there was a request for me to give the photos to everyone so that they could post to their stupid FB pages. I told them that I will be going through them and doing some adjustments before I post to my flickr page. They can then download them there and do whatever they want with them. This caused a huge sh*t storm because people could not get the photographs that I took immediately. I have a rather busy schedule and it was a week before I got to editing them by cropping, adding some sharpening masks etc.. I posted and now everyone is still mad because they want all of the photos posted rather than the ones that I deemed "flattering".

I do not take photos for money and am currently considering myself in the practice stage of my development, especially with enhancing photos in photoshop.

I feel upset that everyone was making demands on me and I know that if I just post them immediately I would probably not be as proactive with working on the photos in post.

I also am feeling very anti instant with a skill that I want to develop.

Question-

Is it wrong for me to feel this way about making my friends wait for photos?

Because I take their picture does that mean they can make demands about what I do with it? I am not using it to make $, nor am I just never giving it to them.

How does the forum feel about this topic?

Also, sorry if you all have discussed this before.

-D

Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow