Why does everyone think Fuji X-Series is in trouble? Locked

Started Nov 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
jkspepper
Regular MemberPosts: 401
Why does everyone think Fuji X-Series is in trouble?
Nov 8, 2013

Well, not everyone but there are enough posts on this forum and many others debating whether the Fuji X-series and system is going the way of the dodo.

My question is why should it? I've been thinking about this for about 2 minutes and I can't see a reason for the worry.

Sony have released a FF mirrorless camera so people think that APS-C is dead. The Fuji X-series is dead. All their XF lenses are useless - A bit dramatic but that's the overriding impression I get.

APS-C is not going to go away. Fuji has many options and one of them will be to run two systems if they indeed for FF. Fuji as a camera company seems to understand their particular consumer market (better than Sony perhaps) and for that reason I do not see them abandoning the X-series before they have even finishing releasing all the lenses on their road-map.

In my view, it is Olympus and Panasonic that probably has to worry most. They backed themselves into a corner by espousing the quality of the 4/3rds sensor and as such is detrimental to their marketing if they decide to now switch to APS-C/FF. They have to live or die by m43. Fuji on the other hand never made any big noise about sensors, well apart from the X-trans, but that can always be migrated to FF if needs be or run in addition to standard CMOS FF.

Bottom line is: Stop fretting over whether your precious X-series is going to die out and go out and take photos. Everything will be A-OK!

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow