DPR GX7 review is up! Locked

Started Nov 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,490Gear list
Re: S Grins.
In reply to s_grins, Nov 7, 2013

s_grins wrote:

Year after year, I'm losing an interest to DPR camera reviews. Maybe I'm getting older, or maybe quality, depth, and fairness of reviews are not getting better since DPR moved to the West.

One thing I want to highlight: template for all reviews stays basically the same.

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

I feel the same about Dpreview reviews now. It seems they have lost the touch to make them good as they were sometime ago, and now they have better conditions to make them better than before but they are not making them so well. Other thing is that the elaboration of the words is not so perfect.

And the scoring is many times not fair, I am not speaking only of the score of the GX7, this happens with other reviews.

Other thing is that some cameras have the reviews faster others take a lot of time, and some don't even have full reviews. This only speaking of DSLR and Mirrorless cameras.

The excuse of not having the cameras for the reviews does not apply to all the situations, for example the G6 have no full review and for sure is not Panasonic fault. This is strange in a site that is one of the most viewed for reviews.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters, keep calm.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +4 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow