2013 Camera of the year ... ? (Per SteveH)

Started 11 months ago | Polls thread
DT200
Contributing MemberPosts: 835
Like?
Re: 2013 Camera of the year ... ? (Per SteveH)
In reply to marike6, 11 months ago

marike6 wrote:

DT200 wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

Dennis wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

Apart from image quality. The EM1 is without any doubt the better camera.

This is probably funnier than you meant for it to be.

Why ? Most people get that IQ beyond a certain threshhold isn't worth paying for or sacrificing other features for.

Sure most people get that... The problem is that you're trying to determine what that threshold is...

I have to agree with Dennis. Most people aren't willing to admit it, but their "threshold" is looking good on Facebook, a smartphone or tablet. Others bump that up to 8x10 or 11x14 prints. Between those 2 groups you have about 98% of camera users covered.

Facebook? Excuse me but I thought we were talking about enthusiasts, serious amateurs and even professionals.

LOL!

So tell me how many "professional" photos you have downloaded and then printed larger than 11x14 to admire?  None.  In fact, I bet the only "Pro" photos you view are on a monitor with maybe 2MP or less resolution.

As I said 98% of camera buyers do not need or use anything above 11x14 prints.  If we only cared about the other 2%, then we would be discussing medium format cameras and such.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow