Started Nov 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
D0berman
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
Which to buy? 11-22mm or 40mm?
Nov 7, 2013

I'm being pulled in different directions here. Looking for some friendly advice.

The question = should I but the native 11-22mm for my M, or should I buy the adapter and 40mm 2.8?

The facts = 11-22 is 400$ vs adapter and 40mm coming in at approx 280$. Mind you purchasing the adapter gives me license to go out and play with all sorts of other lenses. Definitely advantage 40mm + adapter.

What I shoot = I have never been much of a wide angle shooter. Although seeing what some people do with their UWA lenses it certainly makes me want to put in the work and develop my skills in that area. I do love taking candid portraits of people at parties or out and about. I shoot a lot of my dog as we are usually out hiking or messing around. My gf is a competitive Crossfit athlete as well and I am always going to competitions and enjoy taking photos of the athletes as they train/compete.

I'm at a loss. I REALLY want them both. I want to support the system and the M mount. But I also don't want to get a lens I might not be in love with.

Opinions? Thoughts? Help!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow