DPR GX7 review is up! Locked

Started Nov 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,552Gear list
Re: Agreed (subjectively)
In reply to Elemental Photography, Nov 7, 2013

Elemental Photography wrote:

"That said, the limitations on the in-body IS system, the tendency to close down the aperture in Program mode, and lack of in-camera Raw processing keep the GX7 from earning our highest recommendation."

The only one of these that is even remotely a concern for me is the IBIS piece, and I don't shoot video so it's essentially as irrelevant as the latter points. I never use P and I can't imagine trying to process raw files in camera, especially when I can use the built in wifi to transfer them to my iPad.

-- hide signature --

A photograph is a creative interpretation of reality.

Your post makes sense to me.

The IBIS seems to work fine on my WA lenses (that don't have OIS).

I don't use P mode. If I did I would keep track of what both f/ and ss are doing. BUT does this issue affect flash photography? I don't know as that dimension is also new to me.

And I don't understand the "lack of in-camera RAW processing". What is that? Which cameras have that feature? Is it a new feature factor that justifies keeping "the GX7 from earning our highest recommendation"?

T

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow