ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Emil Varadi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,048Gear list
Like?
There you go: demand for Df way behind the D800
11 months ago

Nikon Rumors reported:

"it seems that the demand for the Df is not even close to the demand for the Nikon D800 when it was officially announced."

Actually, this was to be expected. Selling a sub-D800 camera at D800 prices? Styling is important, but obviously not that much. Still, I'd say, we'll have to wait and see where this is going.

What I see now, the chorus "give us the D400", give us the successor to D700", and "Nikon why dont't you listen to us?"  are stronger than ever.

And then you read on Thom Hogan's website that the D800 is the camera most prone to injury. I was never so confused in which camera to invest my hardly earned euros.

And then Nikon Romors goes on like this:

"I am still questioning Nikon's strategy since they first cut their forecast three months ago because of poor mirrorless sales in US and Europe. At that time Nikon said that they will concentrate on new entry level DSLR cameras. Three months later Nikon introduces the high-end $3,000 Df camera, which was perceived as a great but overpriced product. Few days after the Df announcement, Nikon cut their sales forecast for high-end cameras..."

See: http://nikonrumors.com#ixzz2k0FJxgVF

Emil Varadi's gear list:Emil Varadi's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Ricoh GR Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Nikon D40 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow