2013 Camera of the year ... ? (Per SteveH)

Started 8 months ago | Polls thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Re: 2013 Camera of the year ... ? (Per SteveH)
In reply to DT200, 8 months ago

DT200 wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

Dennis wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

Apart from image quality. The EM1 is without any doubt the better camera.

This is probably funnier than you meant for it to be.

Why ? Most people get that IQ beyond a certain threshhold isn't worth paying for or sacrificing other features for.

Sure most people get that... The problem is that you're trying to determine what that threshold is...

I have to agree with Dennis. Most people aren't willing to admit it, but their "threshold" is looking good on Facebook, a smartphone or tablet. Others bump that up to 8x10 or 11x14 prints. Between those 2 groups you have about 98% of camera users covered.

Facebook?  Excuse me but I thought we were talking about enthusiasts, serious amateurs and even professionals.   Who cares that most cameras including 1/2.3" compacts are good enough for Facebook?  We are talking about real cameras for serious users and to disadvantage yourself by choosing a m43 camera when the rest of the industry is shooting large sensor cameras doesn't make any sense.  Size, size, size, that's all mirrorless fans seem to care about, and it's frankly shocking since a high end camera that is 10% smaller and lighter than another usually means you get to carry a slightly smaller camera bag.  Nothing more.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow