ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Osssis
Regular MemberPosts: 339Gear list
Like?
What raw converter for a77?
8 months ago

Hi,

I have some problems deciding on what raw converter I should use/get. Now I definitely need help with it. I have sony's own converter and capture one 6. I've also been testing lightroom and dxo optic pro 9 trial versions. I might also have to try the newest C1.

I would be very happy if I could pointers on how to get the best out of my C1 6 express as that is the no costs option. So far I am lacking on skills to use it. DXO is 99$ atm and I can get student discount from LR. Update from C1 6 to 7 would be 50e.

So far I have noticed that:

1) C1 has the most intuitive workflow for me.

2) I can use LR but it isn't as good for me but the options for local adjustments seem nice

3) DXO and I don't work along. I can get results easily but I have no idea on how to make naming anything other than the original file name and dxo or what ever suffix. I'd like to for example incorporate date, project name etc. Otherwise the work flow seems easy for me and prime and regular NR seems to work nice. Also modules are a nice option.

4) Sony's raw converter is quite decent.

What converter do you use and what other have you tried but decided that they aren't as good?

Below are samples of I've been trying on different programs.

C1 all NR slider set to 0. Not sure if any NR is done anyway

C1. Heavy NR applied.

Sony's raw conventer. NR auto

DXO. Luminance 20. High NR

DXO. Luminance 20. Prime NR

LR. Sorry but can't remember actual settings

Osssis's gear list:Osssis's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Samsung NX11 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +6 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow