DF is for ME not YOU

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Hulamike
Senior MemberPosts: 2,810
Like?
Re: Appreciate your honesty
In reply to Tapper123, 8 months ago

I should have said look AND feeling. This camera takes older Nikon shooters right back to their beginnings with manual everything cameras. Its more than a look.

Lets play a game. what if photography was invented yesterday. Would any manufacturer come out with a dial driven body like the Df? I seriously doubt It. Its aimed at older shooters and perhaps a smattering of posers but the core market is those who started with film 30-40 years ago.

Regarding posers. What exactly is a photographer who feels the need to upgrade from his D700 to a D800 or some such every two years whether he needs to or not? A poser. Wants the new model number hanging around his neck for all the world to see.

I'm sort of an anti-poser. I used my Nikon F2s right up to 1999 when my eyesight began to decline. Moved up to nikon N90 for auto focus. Used that until my first DSLR, Fuji S2. Used that until last year when I got a D7000. I'm hardly a gear hopper who always needs the latest greatest body. Ive always been in the workhorse range as you can see. The Df just grabs me!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OkNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow