Swimming against the tide.

Started Nov 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Forum ProPosts: 12,724Gear list
Swimming against the tide.
Nov 7, 2013

Swimming against the outrushing tide. Well I do that a lot and on occasion get sucked in or beached but sometimes washed back.

Instead of getting rid of equipment I am acquiring equipment. I like my 4/3 equipment and use it constantly. The move to m4/3 for my type of photography would be a bit premature as I don't think Olympus is there yet. Also a lot of the comparison pictures between the E-5 and E-M1 show 12 of one and a dozen of another , with the Advantage going to the E-M1 as to ISO.

So I am sorting out what I have got and partaking in GAS . Meaning acquiring equipment in the last 6 months I got a 90-250 awhile ago ( Needed lots of backwards and forwards for calibration ) and yesterday I got a 150 f/2 . Its new but a open box. I also got the normal Olympus warranty.

So I will not be moving to m4/3 for awhile but I now have the opportunity to use some of the best lenses Olympus have ever made. It's all in the glass a coke bottle lens on a $6,000 camera makes it a $6,000 bit of junk. Fortunately with Olympus being near nonexistent here second-hand equipment is very cheap.

Any way Its big ( It's 4/3's F/2 lens Tim) . Its well built and it very , very sharp. Focus is a bit slow from close to infinity but quick enough on normal stuff. I was really impressed with the quality of the images with the EC20. Its sharp wide open as a 300mm F/4 not as good as 150 but hey. There can be some CA at 300mm with the EC20 in very bright light , I only saw it once but it there on a bright surface. ( Oh dear I will have to manually remove it in PSP , or ACDsee pro what a bind. )

Any way lousy weather again so the only thing that wanted to pose for me  where the Roses and the a dog.

He is some of the stuff.

E-5/620 150 f/2 and TC . I am sure you can work out which is which. These are a bit rough and ready.

Focus was on the nose on this one.

-- hide signature --

(Aficionado Olympus DSLR )
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
New Seventh Wonder of the World.

CollBaxter's gear list:CollBaxter's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 +15 more
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow