Anyone have some SEL35F18 samples they want to share?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Elite83
Contributing MemberPosts: 831Gear list
Like?
Anyone have some SEL35F18 samples they want to share?
11 months ago

Yeah, so I'll flat out tell you I'm one of those guys who has an affinity for shallow DoF photos.

I am looking to purchase the SEL35F18 lens to use for indoor portraits, particularly ones in poor lighting conditions.

I do not own, nor have I ever used the SEL50F18, but I do have a 50 F1.7 Rokkor-X I get away with, but the FL is just too long for use indoors, and for my style of photos, unhandy for outdoors as well. (I'm on a tight budget, the lens was cheap, so I make it work)

I'm looking online to find samples of indoor/outdoor portraits shot (wide open) to get a feel for this lens. But the pickings are slim. The main reason I'm considering the SEL35F18 vs something cheaper like the Sigma 30 is because of the wide aperture. I want my subject to pop out of the scene a bit more, using a shallow DoF. And F2.8 simply isn't wide enough to get what I want.

Would anyone be able to help me out and show off some of your shots/samples?

-- hide signature --

-Matt

Elite83's gear list:Elite83's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow