Anyone have some SEL35F18 samples they want to share?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Elite83
Contributing MemberPosts: 831Gear list
Like?
Anyone have some SEL35F18 samples they want to share?
9 months ago

Yeah, so I'll flat out tell you I'm one of those guys who has an affinity for shallow DoF photos.

I am looking to purchase the SEL35F18 lens to use for indoor portraits, particularly ones in poor lighting conditions.

I do not own, nor have I ever used the SEL50F18, but I do have a 50 F1.7 Rokkor-X I get away with, but the FL is just too long for use indoors, and for my style of photos, unhandy for outdoors as well. (I'm on a tight budget, the lens was cheap, so I make it work)

I'm looking online to find samples of indoor/outdoor portraits shot (wide open) to get a feel for this lens. But the pickings are slim. The main reason I'm considering the SEL35F18 vs something cheaper like the Sigma 30 is because of the wide aperture. I want my subject to pop out of the scene a bit more, using a shallow DoF. And F2.8 simply isn't wide enough to get what I want.

Would anyone be able to help me out and show off some of your shots/samples?

-- hide signature --

-Matt

Elite83's gear list:Elite83's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow