DPR GX7 review is up! Locked

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
murfthesurf
Contributing MemberPosts: 570Gear list
Re: DPR GX7 review is up!
In reply to kirlen, 11 months ago

kirlen wrote:

Many valid points in this review but the whole EVF discussion leaves me scratching my head. It totally works for me in bright light and dim. About the only time I don't use it is when I am using a tripod and the screen is better for composing a shot. I don't feel equipment challenged in any way. Although I can replicate "tearing" if I work at it, it's still the best EVF I have tried. (Your results may vary, of course.) It's bright, clear and adds minimal "bulk" to the overall camera. I have worked with "bolt on" EVF's in the past and there is no comparison in terms of bulk and functionality. Not to mention the trauma of snagging one on some other gear... ouch!

My GX-7 has become my "go to" camera for day to day shooting (I still love my GH-3 but that's another story.) over the past month so I have developed some level of familiarity with it. It's not without a few quirks (sometimes I do hit the wrong tiny button, for example.) but if I objectively consider how many times I have missed a shot due to some design error the answer is "zero"... Wish I could say the same about operator error!

As to the score.... meh.

Now there's a well adjusted individual!

I find it rather amusing how personal some people are taking the fact that the DPR review was a solid 79%.  As if something magically happened in a negative way to their camera once the review came out.  It's still the same camera they have been enjoying since they got it.  I say shrug it off and continue enjoying your camera.

You'd think the reviewer was telling them that their kids were ugly or something.

-- hide signature --

- Murf

murfthesurf's gear list:murfthesurf's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN +1 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow