Started Nov 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Regular MemberPosts: 325Gear list
Flare and 23mm, question and handy pouch rider
Nov 7, 2013

Just got the lovely thing today.

I've been using the 18 and 35 just with their groovy hoods: lens caps slow me down and I dont like extra glass of filters. So far no scratches.

BUT: 23mm is v expensive so am considering using it with UV filter and not monster hood.

Does anyone know how flary lens is?? Do I really need a hood?>

The 18 + 35 hoods are handy protectors because narrow fronts prevent random objects in ruck sack etc sticking in. I fear that the diameter of this lens means that any hood that is not hideous will offer no protection from floating objects.

I use the camera as webste adjunct to professional video camera..so X-Pro1 gets stuck into some random ruck sacks in a hurry and often not in my Hadley mini. Can anyone suggest a neoprene pouch that could be taken on/off quickly that would provide viable bump and dustproofness?

Brond1's gear list:Brond1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow