Flare and 23mm, question and handy pouch rider

Started Nov 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brond1 Regular Member • Posts: 325
Flare and 23mm, question and handy pouch rider

Just got the lovely thing today.

I've been using the 18 and 35 just with their groovy hoods: lens caps slow me down and I dont like extra glass of filters. So far no scratches.

BUT: 23mm is v expensive so am considering using it with UV filter and not monster hood.

Does anyone know how flary lens is?? Do I really need a hood?>

The 18 + 35 hoods are handy protectors because narrow fronts prevent random objects in ruck sack etc sticking in. I fear that the diameter of this lens means that any hood that is not hideous will offer no protection from floating objects.

I use the camera as webste adjunct to professional video camera..so X-Pro1 gets stuck into some random ruck sacks in a hurry and often not in my Hadley mini. Can anyone suggest a neoprene pouch that could be taken on/off quickly that would provide viable bump and dustproofness?

Brond1's gear list:Brond1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow