Dstance scale with 23mm

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
JimLong
Regular MemberPosts: 268
Like?
Re: Dstance scale with 23mm
In reply to JimLong, 10 months ago

Here are a couple of things I have learned.  First, if you have the camera turned on and turn the focusing ring(in manual mode), you can hear the focusing motors working.  If you turn the camera off and turn the focusing ring, you do not hear the focusing motors working.  Second, if you turn the camera on and manually focus on something, turn the camera off and turn the focusing ring a reasonable distance, when you turn the camera back on you will hear the focusing motors moving the focus to the point where the focusing ring is set.

This could mean that the the lens is sending information to the camera which is activating the focus mechanism, or the focus ring is dealing directly with the focus motor without going through the camera.

I don't think we have enough information to know whether or not Fuji could easily implement an on-screen distance scale.

By the way, I don't consider this a serious issue for me I just thought it was strange.  However, a 1.4 lens is very useful in low light situations and I don't think you can read the scale on the lens in anything but fairly good light.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow