This thread is locked.
boggis the cat
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,295Gear list
Re: Elusive problems may or may not show up
In reply to tgutgu, Nov 7, 2013

tgutgu wrote:

boggis the cat wrote:

Niq wrote:

(and I would assume that the possibility of "shutter shock" is non existing with GX7, as DPR is pretty eager to test that, and didnt mention it...)

Some people have reported 'shutter shock' with the E-M1.

I'm not sure what to make of the phenomenon, really. It may be related to the shutter, or it may be an IS anomaly, but it definitely seems to be a problem for some people / cameras and not others.

So far, shutter shock has not been confirmed to be an issue with the E-M1. Just because someone isn't able to get sharp images with the E-M1, does not mean that the camera suffers generally from shutter shock.

Yes, of course that is true.  My point was that you cannot be sure that no GX7 (or any other camera) won't have an issue that will be described as 'shutter shock'.

My view is that these issues are most likely IBIS-related in some way, and so the GX7 -- with IBIS -- may be susceptible.

boggis the cat's gear list:boggis the cat's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow