DPR GX7 review is up! Locked

Started Nov 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
tgutgu
Senior MemberPosts: 3,292Gear list
Re: DPR GX7 review is up!
In reply to babalu, Nov 7, 2013

babalu wrote:

Well I think that their critique of theviewfinder not being really usable in bright light conditions (light leaking in) is simply not reflecting the facts -it would rather perhaps point to a problem with the reviewer's own physical limitations concerning viewing through a VF. If any point of critique at all is merited, I'd have pointed out that the maximum viewing size should have not have been used for the 9:16 ratio, but for some other combination .

That are the usual excuses people write, when real world problems are reported about Panasonic view finders. The physical deficiencies of the user is the culprit. Why, then, there isn't such a problem with  the view finders from the competition? There must be something wrong with the design of Panasonic's view finders or with quality control. View finders should be unproblematic for most people and should be able to accommodate various characteristics of eye sight, unless these are extreme.

I think I have quite normal eye sight. I use weak glasses for reading, but that's it. The view finders, which I have used and still use are all adjustable for my needs and then no problems. Up to the GH2. But afterwards not ideal anymore.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-PL7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +26 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow