DPR GX7 review is up! Locked

Started Nov 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Dan Wajnman
Regular MemberPosts: 401Gear list
Re: DPR GX7 review - viewfinder size
In reply to Andrew Butterfield, Nov 7, 2013

The review describes the viewfinder as ”large and sharp” (in their conclusions).

This is contrary to my experience – it appears quite small. When viewed side by side with the E-M1 maybe like half its size. Even smaller when viewed in 4x3 format, but this is a different matter. This was my impression and it has been confirmed by many posts on this forum.

I’m not saying “too small”, this would depend on the user’s eyesight and preference, just that it looks small.

They also show a diagram comparing viewfinder sizes, which I believe, cannot be completely correct.

It is based on multiplying the sensor size by the magnification. EVF sensor, I hope, not the imaging sensor. But what are the EVF physical chip sizes?

The chip used in the GX7 must be smaller. The diagram does not look right to me.

Dan Wajnman's gear list:Dan Wajnman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow