DPR GX7 review is up! Locked

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
tgutgu
Senior MemberPosts: 3,227Gear list
Re: DPR GX7 review is up!
In reply to sderdiarian, 10 months ago

Well, I think that the GX7 stays below 80 (it is kind of a threshold) is completely justified. Ultimately, it is a camera with a build-in view finder. Panasonic was up to the GH2 the leader in implementing the at that time best EVFs into their m4/3 cameras. This leadership has stopped with the introduction of the GH3. For me the quality of the view finder is a major criterium, deciding which camera to buy.

Olympus has shown since the E-M5 that it is well possible to equip cameras with excellent view finders that allow a stress free, undisturbed view through it, and which have enough detail for comfortably controlling sharpness. The VF-4 and E-M1 finders can replace even the best DSLR OVFs without looking back, and even the lower specified E-M5 finder at least does not have any disturbing artefacts.

I think Panasonic needs to get its act together and refine its view finder technology in their next generation models. The current situation is:

G6: too low real resolution, less sharp and detail than even E-M5

GH3: poor view finder optics, smearing, for many people a problem, 16:9 aspect ratio

GX7: rainbow effect, 16:9 aspect ratio (probably currently the best Panasonic EVF, though)

-- hide signature --

Thomas

tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +17 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow