ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
George Walsh
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Fugifilm SL1000
Nov 7, 2013
-- hide signature --

G. Walsh  I bought this camera after much soul searching. I am not a "pro" photographer and I doubt that I ever will be. I was initially fascinated by the intrigue of the DSLR type cameras, then I realized the expense and just plane burden of carrying around a bulky, heavy, complex ,group of stuff was unnecessary. I looked at several 'Bridge" cameras and found the Fujifilm SL1000 to fit my needs perfectly. It shoots in both Raw and Jpeg,optically stabilized, built -in flash,24-1200mm.lens,loads of settings has manual MASP,simple ,compact and very economic so if you do decide to go DSLR at some later time, it's not a big deal. To my [admittedly ] untrained eye the pictures I took last weekend were "great" in my opinion. It is a 16mp so I don't think I can blow them up to poster size -but adequate to my needs for right now. It will also shoot 10f/s which I haven't used yet but it's something I look forward to.

George Walsh's gear list:George Walsh's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix SL1000
George Walsh's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
mediocre
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow