Seriously, what is wrong with these forums ?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
d3xmeister
Senior MemberPosts: 1,432
Like?
Seriously, what is wrong with these forums ?
9 months ago

Man I remember when the D800 was released. This forum was crying, shouting, fighting. Nikon sucked big time. How dare they replace a pure, nimble, light in file handling (due to MP) D700 with a slow, resources and lenses hog, D800. We just want the best sensor available, in a small but solid cheaper camera, just like the D700 was to the D3. And make it simple, we don't want all that video and bells and whistles. Give us a true D700 replacement !!!!

Well, surprisingly,  Nikon listened. The DF is here and, is the camera everyone was asking Nikon to do. Really, if a camera was made by those forum members, this would have been exactly it.

So now, after Nikon released the camera everyone was asking for, almost everybody hates the DF ! Why no D800 sensor ? Why no D600 sensor ? Why no custom focussing screen ? Why no video ? Why retro styling ? Why no sports capable ?

Answer: because this is the camera YOU wanted !

Before reply, please check topics after D800 launch, you'll be left speechless for a while.

Just to save the uninspired ones some stupid questions: Yes I like the DF. No I will not buy one. I think it is priced correctly and worth every buck. No it doesn't compete with E-M1 or A7r no matter how many size or other nonsense comparisons you post here.

Nikon D3 Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon Df Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
D700New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow