Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rpps
Senior MemberPosts: 1,083Gear list
Like?
Help with XE1 RAW conversion in ACR
5 months ago

I recently bought the XE1 and I love the image quality especially the OOC Jpegs, I also have the Nikon D600 and I usually edit my RAW files from the Nikon in Nikon CNX2. Although I'm pretty happy with the OOC Jpegs there are occasions when I need to adjust the shadow area and also the highlights especially with clouds and sky, this I find done better working in RAW.

I have Adobe CS6/ ACR so I edited a few RAW file and I really like the control you have with the Shadow and Highlight areas of a photo but I am finding a lot of artefacts in the highlight areas like Sky/Clouds, I use Unsharp Mask set at 75, Radius 1.0, Detail 25, Masking 30. I think I need to use Noise Reduction but not sure on how much I did try Luminance set to 50 and Colour set to 25, is this the right way to go about noise reduction pertaining to sky/clouds and artefacts?

I have a few examples with a photo one OOC Jpeg the other edited in ACR, showing the problem, I don't know what order these photos will appear but I will write info below each one.

OOC Jpeg

RAW file Edited in ACR

Sky artefacts in ACR

Close up of OOC Jpeg no artefacts much

RAW photo edited in ACR and noise reduction added

rpps's gear list:rpps's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D5200 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow