G6 1080p 60fps avchd files and aperture

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
honeyiscool
Contributing MemberPosts: 952Gear list
Like?
Re: Just saw this thread.
In reply to mgibbs, 11 months ago

mgibbs wrote:

Unfortunately, it takes forever for my wonky old computer to upload vid files to iMovie. I am sure that you are right, but I really would like to be able to store stills and vids from the same event within the same program (aperture if possible) for convenience's sake.

I would be curious to know if aperture handles .264 files well. I haven't used it due to warnings that the files are huge, but I might be ready to give it a try if it will serve my needs (and aperture will recognize and import the files)

thanks for your reply!

You need to upgrade to OS X Mavericks, which will enable you to upgrade to Aperture 3.5 and the latest iMovie, which handles AVCHD natively. No need to transcode, which is the thing that took forever in the past. Older versions do not handle 1080/60p properly, as I pointed out in the previous post. The newest version has no such restriction.

Thankfully, all these upgrades are free.

honeyiscool's gear list:honeyiscool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow