Started Nov 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Anderton
Contributing MemberPosts: 663
Like?
Nikon Df: Nikon should be applauded for taking care of their customers
Nov 6, 2013

Looking over the posts I am glad that the majority of forum members are positive about this new product whereas there is the usual small minority that complains on any new camera product release and thinks Bythom or any website of the day is gospel.

As a photographer who has owned cameras from Olympus, Panasonic, Nikon, Canon and now Sony I appreciate the release of the Nikon Df. What Nikon has done is phenomenal.

They have released a unique, stylish yet ergonomic camera body that caters to their customers who have held on to their legacy lens for the last several decades all the while providing features of today's modern DSLR and the sensor from one of their flagship cameras backed up by system other camera manufacturers would envy.

Now that is taking care of your customers.

In a market where every company is fighting for a bigger slice of an ever shrinking pie and consumer electronics are now disposable items, they could of left these customers in the past however they did not. For that I respect what they have done as a company and for their customers.

To those looking for the next model to the D300s, D610 and D800 successor this is not a replacement and never was meant to be. Those looking for that type of workhorse will find that there will be successors to these cameras in the future.

To those looking for mirrorless the technology is not there yet economically or quality yet when it is you can bet Nikon will have something wonderful ready. If you want cutting edge innovation look at Sony. If you want slow, consistency take a look at Nikon. They may not have the largest R&D, the latest user interfaces, buffer sizes is another common nit pick, but when they release a sensor or lens it stands for competitive if not class leading quality.

There may also be future retro styled cameras of different format sizes depending on how great a success the Nikon Df is. Judging by the retro cameras coming out from all manufacturers this is where the demand is today and Nikon has to go where the money is.

One of the other forum users wrote about another DSLR how it did not matter what reviews the camera got, it was a Gold rating for him because it suits his style of photography like no other.

I have not been excited for a Nikon camera since the D3s and D300s. The Nikon Df is one of these and I look forward to seeing photographers used to carrying the heavy D3s or D4, the legacy lens owners, the hipster youth, the mums and dads who may also pass down the skills and equipment to their kids, whoever you are out there out and about enjoying your day with one of these in your hands.

Nikon D300S Nikon D3S Nikon D4 Nikon D610 Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow