G6 1080p 60fps avchd files and aperture

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
mgibbs
Regular MemberPosts: 381Gear list
Like?
Re: Just saw this thread.
In reply to Corkcampbell, 11 months ago

Unfortunately, it takes forever for my wonky old computer to upload vid files to iMovie.  I am sure that you are right, but I really would like to be able to store stills and vids from the same event within the same program (aperture if possible) for convenience's sake.

I would be curious to know if aperture handles .264 files well.  I haven't used it due to warnings that the files are huge, but I might be ready to give it a try if it will serve my needs (and aperture will recognize and import the files)

thanks for your reply!

Corkcampbell wrote:

I've never tried video files with Aperture, but that may be where the problem is as most cameras still don't have 1080/60. Why don't you use iMovie? I have Aperture, but I've never used it for video, although I have used LightRoom, which will import 1080/60, but if I change anything, it exports at 1080/30. IMovie has no problem and, if you import the 1080 files, you can use the slow motion tool.

That being said, I don't remember if I've imported 1080/60 AVCHD files. My GH3 is new to me and I have been using the .264 setting, not AVCHD. My GH2 used AVCHD but couldn't shoot at 1080/60.

mgibbs's gear list:mgibbs's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow