2013 Camera of the year ... ? (Per SteveH)

Started 8 months ago | Polls thread
Jogger
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,389Gear list
Like?
Re: 2013 Camera of the year ... ? (Per SteveH)
In reply to blue_skies, 8 months ago

The problem is that the EM1 doesnt really excell at anything. Its too big as a carry-everywhere camera, its not fast enough to be an event/pj camera, the image quality is many tiers below FF cameras. What would you use it for exactly when there are far better options along those parameters.

blue_skies wrote:

Do you agree with Steve's comparisons? link to Steve Huff's 2013 'prime new cameras'

• On A7 series:
  • The cons? Slower in every area than the E-M1, not as responsive as the E-M1, Af can hunt in low light. Not quite as enjoyable to use as the E-M1 but when you see your images on your screen, you will not even care Has a little learning curve to get the most out of it. Also, battery life could be better. I was shooting morning till night and had 50% left. Others were running out mid day (but I pick and choose my shots and shoot when I know I have something cool to shoot). But I think you will get around 300-400 shots per charge.

The winner:

• OM-D EM-1
  • Due to lenses available, the quality of the camera, the build, the EVF, the 5-Axis IS, the responsiveness and the color and IQ, this is my #1 recommended camera as of November 2013. I feel the price is cheap for what you get. $1399 for the body and your results will be outstanding.

I am not repeating the earlier thread discussing regarding the differences (link) but am interested in people's comments here.

I understand Steve's comment on lens selection and usability, but 3 FF cameras and 1 m43, and m43 is winner? Do you agree with Steve?

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

Jogger's gear list:Jogger's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow