ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,905
Like?
How to downgrade the K10D Firmware.
11 months ago

Hi folks,

If anyone wishes to downgrade their Pentax K10D's firmware then that which is written below works. I just did it on one of my K10D cameras and it works good. I first did the "Patched", then I did the "Original", then I upgraded back to Version 1.20 (this is the latest firmware that does not allow SDM lenses to work in SDM, however they do work in the screwdrive mode). I have uploaded the .exe file for Version 1.20. You can download it at the end of this post.

JohnsonChou over at Pentax Forums (PF) has posted this. I cannot link to PF so I will replicate what he wrote. See below.

Method of Downgrading 1.31 K10D

The method is pretty easy, simply change the rom's header file to 1.31 and the Camera will then be able to load the older firmware.

The so called "hacked 1.10 firmware" that will downgrade 1.30 to 1.10, is using the same idea.

So here is file you can use to downgrade 1.31 to 1.10. After applying this rom, apply the original 1.10 rom, so you can get the system version right.

Patched 1.10 ROM: http://file01.tnder.org/207002-Patched-1.10.zip
Original 1.10 ROM: http://file01.tnder.org/177002-Original-1.10.zip

Just put the ,bin file at the root of the SD card. Power the camera off, then power on with menu pressed and hold. The Patched 1.10 ROM will prompt to be 1.31, but it is actually 1.10.

Same idea should work on other models as well. - (I'm not sure what he means by this, ~ Ron)

Here is the downloadable .exe file for Version 1.20

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K10D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow