Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
23 & 56 too late?
5 months ago

Have Fuji left it too late in releasing the 23mm 1.4 and the still unreleased 56mm 1.2 ?

I think that they might well have done and that only some super updated non-X sensor in the X-Pro2 is likely to save the X system.

Fuji have been running give-away offers on their X cameras and lenses for the past 4 or so months now even though no other camera manufacture are running such offers so who are Fuji competing against?

These kind of offers are great for someone moving to the X system but if you were someone who bought say an X-Pro1 plus 18 and 35 lenses 4 months ago to see that the cost for this same setup is now half the price you paid I would find quite disheartening.

if you look at the price of the Sony A7 and what you're getting for your money the X-Pro2 is going to need to be a good bit cheaper, Sony or more likely Sigma will produce some small compact primes for the A7/R and given Sigma's resent history they will likely be very high quality.

Given all of the current competition for compact system cameras I think Fuji may have killed the X system camera by leaving it so late in releasing the 23 & 56 lenses and charging so much for them too.

Fuji really need to do something, if Fuji believed in their own system I would have expected them to lower the price on the 23 & 56 lenses rather then halving the price of the X-Pro1.

Personally I think that there is a risk that the 56mm and the X-Pro2 may never see the light of day.

I think that the X100 range will however continue

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YesNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow